بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Constipation is a common digestive problem that can cause discomfort and frustration. It occurs when bowel movements become infrequent or difficult to pass.
What is constipation?
Having less than three bowel movements in a week is called constipation.
If you’re struggling with constipation. Here are some useful tips and remedies to help get relief.
How to get rid of constipation?
You can promote your bowel movements and can get relief from constipation by drinking water in reasonable quantities and consuming high-fiber fruits and vegetables, probiotics, and whole-grain foods.
There are many natural ways/tips and remedies to get rid of constipation. You can easily follow these tips at home.
Tip # 1 Drink plenty of water regularly
Drinking less water can cause constipation. You may suffer from constipation in winter due to the habit of drinking less water in the winter season. You should avoid this habit and should drink plenty of water (8-10 glasses of water daily), it is very important to stay hydrated to overcome constipation.
Tip # 2 15 minutes walk
Everyone knows that moving the body digests food faster. If you feel drowsy or sluggish after eating a heavy meal, take a 15-minute walk instead of resting. The daily walk makes your digestive system strong and faster and keeps you safe from constipation.
Tip # 3 Drink mint and ginger tea
Both ginger and mint are ingredients that are every time available in our kitchens and used in different home remedies. Ginger and mint are the best home remedies for many stomach ailments. The presence of menthol in mint helps the muscles of the digestive tract to remain calm, the effect of ginger is warming due to which the heat in the body increases, and the food is digested properly, which improves constipation problems.
- You should eat this hot tea after the meal.
- You can add honey for a better taste and better results.
Tip # 4 Use of lemon water
Lemon is a citrus fruit and has slightly acidic properties. It purifies the blood and improves the body’s ability to eliminate waste from the body. If lemon juice is squeezed in warm water and drunk this lemon water, it will remove the acidity of the stomach and improve the digestive system.
Tip # 5 Consume Citrus Fruits
Citrus fruits like oranges, grapefruits, and citrons are high in fiber and contain several compounds that can relieve constipation.
- Eating citrus fruits and drinking fresh citrus fruit
juice keeps you hydrated and makes the stools soften.
Tip # 6
Eat Dried figs (Injeer)
Dried figs are an amazing remedy for relieving constipation which can give you awesome results in a few uses only. Dried figs (injeer) are loaded with fiber which can help in a smooth bowel movement. These are also rich in vitamin B6 which is good for digestion.
- Take 2-4 pieces of dried figs.
- Soak them in water overnight in a bowl.
- Drain the water from the figs in the morning.
- Eat these soaked figs along with honey on an empty stomach to get good results in relieving constipation.
Tip # 7 Eat raisins
Raisins are rich in fiber and also contain tartaric acid, which acts as a mild laxative. Eating raisins doubles the speed of the digestive system. According to one study, doctors proved that some members who ate four and a half ounces of raisins every day digested their food in half the time of those who did not eat raisins.
- Half an ounce of raisins should be consumed daily to
Tip # 8 Eat Grapes
Grapes have a lot of water and are a great source of insoluble fiber, which can help regulate your bowel movements. And grapes are also loaded with fructose. Fructose is a component of table sugar and found is naturally in fruits. The body can only digest a certain amount of fructose at one time. Consuming more fructose than the body can cause diarrhea.
so, you should avoid excessive eating of grapes.
- You should eat one bowl of grapes or drink
half a glass of fresh grape juice daily to prevent constipation
Tip # 9 Use of Healthy fats
- Vegetable oils: such as olive, canola, sunflower, soy, and corn.
- Nuts: Walnuts, almonds, cashews.
- Seeds: Flaxseeds, fennel seeds, black sesame seeds. chia seeds, kalonji seeds, and fenugreek seeds.
These are rich in healthy fats which improve the intestinal system and reduce constipation.
Tip # 10 Use of castor oil
Castor oil is known as a laxative stimulant. It is a common and easy home remedy for immediate constipation relief.
- Consume one or two teaspoons of castor oil on an empty stomach for about 6 to 8 hours for positive results. It works to increase bowel movement which makes the stool easier to pass.
Tip # 11 Use of Ispaghol
- Ispagholhelps to manage constipation as it is rich in fiber and makes the stool bulky due to its heavy nature. It also stimulates intestinal contractions and peristaltic movements because of its mild laxative nature which helps to prevent constipation.
- You can use one spoonful of ispaghol husk with lukewarm water.
Tip # 12 Consume Leafy greens
Leafy greens such as spinach, fenugreek, kale, and lettuce are high in fiber and magnesium, both of which help the colon flush things through and help to relieve constipation.
- You can use these leafy greens as a salad, curry, or in juice form.
Tip # 13 Use of whole-grain foods
Whole grains are an excellent source of fiber, which is important for digestive health and can help relieve constipation. You should use whole grains instead of refined grains to reduce constipation.
Most whole grains such as:
- Brown Rice
- Whole Wheat
are a good source of dietary fiber, but refined grains contain less fiber. Moreover, whole grains improve bowel movements, increase colon weight, make your stools softer and easier to pass, and improve constipation.
Here are some ways whole grains can be used as a remedy for constipation:
1. Whole-grain cereal: Start your day with a bowl of whole-grain cereal, such as oatmeal or bran flakes. These cereals are high in fiber and can help regulate your digestive system.
2. Whole grain bread: Choose whole grain bread for your sandwiches and toast. Whole grain bread is higher in fiber than white bread and can help promote regular bowel movements.
3. Brown rice: Swap out white rice for brown rice. Brown rice is a whole grain that is high in fiber and can help relieve constipation.
4. Whole grain pasta: Use whole grain pasta instead of white pasta in your meals. Whole-grain pasta is higher in fiber and can help promote regular bowel movements.
It’s important to remember that when increasing your fiber intake, you should also drink plenty of water to help the fiber move through your digestive system. Additionally, it’s important to gradually increase your fiber intake to avoid any digestive discomfort. If you’re experiencing chronic constipation, it’s important to speak to a healthcare professional.
Constipation can be a frustrating and uncomfortable problem, but by incorporating these tips and remedies into your lifestyle, you can help promote regular bowel movements and improve digestive health. If you experience chronic constipation or severe symptoms, be sure to talk to your healthcare provider to rule out any underlying health conditions.