بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Cold and flu season can be a challenging time of year. The common cold and flu are highly contagious and can make you feel miserable. While there are many over-thecounter medications available to treat these illnesses, there are also several effective home remedies that can help alleviate symptoms and speed up recovery. Catching a cold is unpleasant, and suffering really increases when you have a running puffed nose, running eyes, and feeling feverish.
Here, I will discuss some Best home remedies to cure a cold and flu.
These natural remedies and tips can give you instant relief from this tragic situation of the flu. It is important to understand that cold and flu come gradually under proportion. When it is just beginning an immediate attack, use these remedies, and say goodbye to cold and flu. It does not go further by using these remedies. Otherwise, it will grow into real influenza. Start these natural anti-viral remedies immediately, if you find that you are sneezing, your nose is getting a little stuffed, your eyes are getting watery and you are feeling a little feverish attack. Rely on nature’s herbals, like ginger, garlic, honey, and guava leaves. These are natural anti-viral remedies that support the body as adaptogens.
Tip # 1
Get Some Sleep
Our body can do incredible things when we get to sleep Most often we catch a cold, or flu when we’re feeling run down or exhausted. Sometimes, just getting some extra rest, and getting some good sleep aids the immune system do cleaning our nasty viruses and foreign bacteria from the body. Make sure to get plenty of sleep and take it easy until you feel better.
Tip # 2
Steam can help alleviate congestion and clear the sinuses. You can use a steam inhaler or simply lean over a bowl of hot water with a towel over your head. Be careful not to get too close to the hot water to avoid burning yourself.
Tip # 3
Guava Leaves tea
Make herbal tea from guava leaves:
- Boil 4-5 guava leaves in two cups of water for 10minutes.
- Then strain it.
- Add one tbsp of honey.
- Drink it hot
Consuming guava leaves tea may help you fight off the flu. According to 2012 test tube research, guava leaves tea showed promise as an antiviral agent for influenza treatment. The researchers described that the tea inhibited the growth of the virus which causes the flu. You must take such tea twice a day at least. This is an excellent herbal tea to protect you from cold and flu.
Tip # 4
Honey with ginger juice and Turmeric powder
- Take one spoonful of honey and half a teaspoon of turmeric.
- Add a few drops of fresh ginger juice.
- Just mix them together, and sip them slowly in your throat.
- Honey soothes the throat.
- Turmeric has anti-viral and strong immunityboosting properties.
- Ginger aids in preventing further inflammation. excellent combination, to prevent cold and flu.
Tip # 5
Turmeric, ginger, black peppers (powdered form)
- Take half a tsp of turmeric powder.
- Half tsp of ginger powder.
- Half tsp of black pepper powder.
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Consume half a tsp from the mixture with warm water.
- You could get rid of your cold and flu by using this remedy.
Tip # 6
Use of Garlic
- Garlic has antimicrobial and antivirus properties. Eating garlic regularly may help prevent the common cold and the flu.
- If you do get sick of colds, including more garlic in your diet may reduce the severity of your symptoms and help you recover faster.
- Smelling garlic may also be beneficial for flu symptoms.
- You can massage your chest, back, and feet with homemade garlic oil to reduce symptoms. It is an effective remedy for preventing colds and flu.
Recipe of Homemade Garlic oil
- Stir fry crushed garlic in mustard or olive oil and save it in a bottle.
Tip # 7
Gargle with Salted Water
Mix some salt in lukewarm water, you can put little turmeric in it, and gargle. Salted water really helps in loosening up the mucus. We all know that salt has anti-viral properties. Gargling with salted water really aids in the nasal passage, as well as the throat.
Gargle 3 to 4 times a day can give you instant relief from sore throat in influenza.
Cold and flu can be challenging illnesses to deal with, but several effective home remedies can help alleviate symptoms and speed up recovery. Staying hydrated, getting plenty of rest, using a humidifier, gargling with salt water, using steam, and taking supplements are all great ways to help cure a cold and flu. If your symptoms persist or worsen, be sure to contact your doctor for further advice.